Pedals hit the pavement on roads, highways
September 2, 2013
Two-wheelers will have the run of Alberta’s roads and highways during the international, six-day Tour of Alberta cycling race�
For the safety of motorists and cyclists, the racers will be surrounded by a motorcade. Motorists can expect delays of up to 20 minutes on the race routes and are encouraged to cheer on the passing cyclists as the internationally-renowned race passes by. Travellers may also wish to use alternate routes during the race.
The following highways and local roads will be affected during the respective stages of the race:
Tuesday, Sept. 3
6:15 to 9 p.m.
Stage 1 - Heartland Highways
Sherwood Park to Camrose via Fort Saskatchewan
Wednesday, Sept. 4
11:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Affected roads: Highways 21, 636, 830, 824, 623, 833, Range Roads 220, 221A, 223, Township Roads 542, 530, 510 and various City of Camrose streets. See route map and schedule.
Stage 2 – Country Roads
Devon to Red Deer via Leduc, Wetaskiwin and Ponoka.
Thursday, Sept. 5
10:50 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Affected roads: Highways 60, 39, 2A, 815, 11, Range Road 255, Township Road 424, various streets in Devon, Leduc, Wetaskiwin and Ponoka. See route map and schedule.
Stage 3 – Dinosaur Trails
Strathmore to Drumheller
Friday, Sept. 6
Noon to 6 p.m.
- Affected roads: Highways 817, 564, 9, 56, 27, 837, 575, and various streets in Strathmore and Drumheller. See route map and schedule.
Stage 4 – Black Diamond/Foothills
Circuit starts and ends in Black Diamond passing through Turner Valley, Millarville and Bragg Creek
Saturday, Sept. 7
12:10 to -6 p.m.
- Affected roads: Highways 7, 22, 549, 762, 274th Avenue, Range Road 22A, and various streets in Black Diamond and Turner Valley. See route map and schedule.
Stage 5 – Urban Finish
Okotoks to Calgary
Sunday, Sept. 8
1:10 to 6 p.m.
- Affected roads: Highways 549, 762, 22, 8 and various streets in Okotoks and Calgary. See route map and schedule.
For up-to-date road information and traffic delays
Call: 511 toll-free